Research Assistant at University of Winnipeg
- Master’s Thesis: Personality prediction and its applications by using Social Media data (Big data analysis).
- Project 1: Analysed a large amount of Facebook data for predicting personality from user’s publically available demographic information in social media (around 4,000,000 user’s data).
- Collaborated with Cambridge University and MIT University for this project. Wrote a survey paper by reading around 150 research papers.
- Project 2: Analysed data collected through a mobile based application such as SMS, Bluetooth, and accelerometer sensors etc. and prepared the analysis report to study human behavior for well-being and health benefits.
- Extensively used Excel, SQL and SAS for manipulating, cleaning & processing data and machine learning concepts.
- Developed the ability to perform necessary statistical experiments and interpretation of results using graphs.
- Both the projects have been accepted and appreciated at Social Media & Society conference, presented in July 2015 in Toronto.